April 15, 2007

Breakfast At Tiffany's


When I was young I used to listen to a song by a band called "Deep Blue Something" about the movie Breakfast At Tiffany's. Its about a couple resisting a break-up. It always made me smile. The lyrics go something like:

You'll say, we've got nothing in common
No common ground to start from
And we're falling apart
You'll say, the world has come between us
Our lives have come between us
Still I know you just don't care

And I said, "what about 'Breakfast at Tiffany's?'"
She said, "I think I remember the film
And as I recall, i think, we both kind of liked it"
And I said, "well that's, one thing we've got"


The movie is starring Audrey Hepburn, a very beautiful actress. It was produced in 1961 and its soundtrack was composed and arranged by Henry Mancini, who also composed "The Pink Panther" movies' soundtracks. Lets just say
Last week, I got a chance to watch that movie. The movie's soundtrack is very captivating.I fell in love with his music and downloaded some of it and promise to share more of it. I hope you enjoy this one.

http://www.bigupload.com/d=361ABDDE

5 comments:

Lasto-adri *Blue* said...

i like the lyrics already ya Dee,,, looks like i want to watch the movie too...
tell me, is that the one you promised me too? ;)

Deeeeeee said...

Yes ya blue! It is! :D

Anonymous said...

That song always makes me think of someone fighting to keep a flame alive. I always picture him and her - him trying to find rerasons for them to stay together.

It really is a nice song :)

Anonymous said...

oops, the 2nd last line is supposed to say:

*find reasons..*

:P

SeeKer said...

This song remind me of my prep. school years ..i used to like it very much ..although at that time ...i didn't get the meaning of the lyrics ...But i do now ;-) ..and thanks for sharing and remind us of those days :-)